Fee: £150/day – estimated 10.75 full days or equivalent hours where 1 day is equivalent to 8 hours
Location: Pre-show meetings virtual/hybrid, rehearsals London/Manchester (in-person attendance required). Where in-person work is required, we will cover hotels, travel and per diems for people outside a reasonable/accessible commute.
Pre show: (5.75 days)
- Late November: Review scripts (5 days)
- w/c 7 December: Paper Tech (0.75 days)
Rehearsals: (3 days)
- 27 – 29 Feb (10am-6pm) London, (location TBC) (1.5 day)
- 4 – 8 March (10am-6pm) Manchester (location TBC) (1.5 day)
Show week: (2 days – review and final changes at dress rehearsal)
- Wednesday 13 March, 10am-6pm
- Thursday 14 March, 10am-6pm
The production (name TBD) comprises 4x 30 minute mono/dialogues by disabled performers with integrated access elements. They explore themes of relationships, culture, dis/connection, intimacy and identity. It is the culmination of our Launchpad disabled artist development programme. Please read more about the pieces here [LINK].
What we’re looking for
- You must be disabled (to see what that means to CRIPtic, click here)
- Experience developing integrated audio-description for theatre shows
- Experience working with creatives to embed audio-description into their scripts
- Experience working with disabled creatives
We are prioritising applications from blind / visually impaired applicants.
We are also keen to hear from applicants who cannot work without wheelchair access, BSL interpreters (when working with non-signers), or 1:1 support, as part of our commitment to ensuring we are creating opportunities for those whose needs may not be met elsewhere. We are also particularly keen to hear from applicants from the global majority.